In order to access the LUN Presentation screen, please put the software into Maintenance Mode.
Create new LUN on the same array as the one you want to expand see this article if you have not already done this step.
You should have called the new LUN something that makes sense.. eg. Original LUN 24, new LUN 124 or 224 (2nd extension) etc..
- Now right click on LUN Expansion
- Select Unify
- In the New Window, you need to Select the Main (Primary LUN) – the one you wish to expand
- Below this window the GUI will display any ‘available’ and ‘Formatted’ LUN’s – DO NOT CHOOSE THE WRONG LUN
- If you can not see your required ‘extension LUN’, exit this screen and check the RAID Group list and it’s format status
- In this example, we have selected the Main LUN 24 and have a choice of 3 options, we will select LUN 124
- The new Expanded LUN capacity is displayed i nthe lower window – it MUST NOT exceed 2000Gb (due to AMS200 limitations)
- Click on OK, you be warned to check the RAID levels are the same and that any data on the ‘extension LUN’ will be destroyed.