To copy and paste between the guest operating system and remote console, you must enable copy and paste operations on each virtual machine. You can enable this per Host, I have not jet documented this process, but Google is our great friend. If you are using the older vSphere client then please read this article.
I have just upgraded the hardware to version 10 on one of my new VMware guest machines, and discovered that I could only mange the config settings using the new Web Client. So the steps to allow Copy & Paste functionality have moved to here…
- Log into a vCenter Server system using the Web Client and select the virtual machine.
- Power off the Virtual Machine (an unfortunate flaw in the process, but necessary in the current release)
- On the Summary page, click Edit virtual Machine settings.
- Select VM Options > Advanced > Configuration Parameters, Edit Configuration
- Click Add Row and type the following values in the Name and Value columns.